What's wrong with Sarah Palin?
The main thing that's wrong with Sarah Palin is that there doesn't seem to be anything right with her. But we'll let John McCain worry about that. Meanwhile, here's a sampler of the ever-growing list of what exactly is wrong with Sarah Palin.
1. She was elected Alaska's governor a little over a year and a half ago. Her previous office was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage. She has no foreign policy experience.
2. She is strongly anti-choice, opposing abortion even in the case of rape or incest.
3. She supported right-wing extremist Pat Buchanan for president in 2000.
4. She thinks creationism should be taught in public schools.
5. She's doesn't think humans are the cause of climate change.
6. She supports McCain's "Big Oil first" energy policy.
7. McCain met Sarah Palin once at a meeting; then they spoke a second time, last Sunday, when he called her about being vice-president; and then he offered her the position.
8. Her appearance on a morning "shock jock" radio show earlier this year was described by the Anchorage Daily News as "plain and simple one of the most unprofessional, childish and inexcusable performances I've ever seen from a politician."
9. Palin supports gunning down wolves from airplanes.
10. She took an unnecessary risk with the health of her own child.
11. She supports failed abstinence-only programs.
12. She is under investigation for allegedly abusing her power as governor to help her sister in a messy divorce.
13. She lied about her plans for the "Bridge to Nowhere."
14. She has big money ties to Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens, who has been indicted for political corruption.
15. She exploits her son's Iraq service for political gain.
16. During her time as mayor, Palin drove a town deep into debt.
17. She tried to ban books from her local library.
18. She slashed funding for teen moms (ironic, isn't it?).
19. She thinks the war in Iraq is "a task that is from God."
20. She failed at running a car wash.
Stay tuned for more...