<!-- Begin meta tags generated by ORblogs --> </meta name="keywords" content="progressive, liberal, politics, government, edit, language, grammar, accuracy, honesty, clarity, world, news, media" /> </> <!-- End meta tags generated by ORblogs -->> Editor at Large: Bush repents...sort of

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Bush repents...sort of


In an interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Bush finally said he was sorry - sort of - for some of the messes he's made.

On Iraq:
I think I was unprepared for war. In other words, I didn't campaign and say, "Please vote for me, I'll be able to handle an attack." In other words, I didn't anticipate war. Presidents - one of the things about the modern presidency is that the unexpected will happen.

Uh, yeah, especially if you make it happen.

On the economic crisis:
I'm sorry it's happening, of course. Obviously I don't like the idea of people losing jobs, or being worried about their 401(k)s. On the other hand, the American people got to know that we will safeguard the system. I mean, we're in. And if we need to be in more, we will.

So...bring it on?

On helping to lose the election for McCain:
I think it was a repudiation of Republicans. And I'm sure some people voted for Barack Obama because of me. I think most people voted for Barack Obama because they decided they wanted him to be in their living room for the next four years explaining policy.

Yeah, and it'll take at least four years to clear the stench out of our living rooms...

Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home